Law Office Karen Green Rose

I will defend your rights

Family & Dependency Law, Appearances & Limited Scope Representation

(310) 364-5246

Free Legal Consultation

Juvenile Delinquency

When your child is charged with a crime, you need an experienced attorney to defend your child.

I have tried and won numerous cases in juvenile delinquency court while I was a public defender.  I currently represent juveniles charged with all crimes including:

  • Drug and Alcohol possession and DUI
  • Possession of Weapons
  • Gang Allegations
  • Grand Theft, Robbery, and Burglary
  • All Misdemeanors including petty theft, assault and battery, domestic violence and many others.
  • Identity Theft
  • Internet Stalking

Don’t take a chance on your child’s future, hire competent counsel who will fight for your child’s rights.

If your child is arrested and charged with committing a crime, he or she will usually be charged in Juvenile Delinquency Court.  The punishment for committing a crime as a child is very different from Criminal Court for adults.

First, there is no bail for juveniles charged with committing a crime.  The police can return the child to the parents when the child is arrested or put the child in juvenile hall to await their first court date.  The judge hearing the case may continue to hold the child in juvenile hall until the criminal case is adjudicated.

Often the District Attorney on the case will only offer probation camp where the child is sent to live.  The child will be on probation after serving the term in probation camp.  Getting the child released to a parent will usually happen when the child is younger and has no record or was convicted of minor crimes.

The judge will consider the seriousness of the crime, the age of the offender, and whether the child has been convicted of committing a crime in the past in determining a sentence after trial.  If your child is 14 years old or older, they could get charged in adult court if the offense is violent and serious.

A defense attorney should always petition to return the case to juvenile court.  Your child has a right to a hearing to determine which court, delinquency or adult criminal court, should hear the case.  There are no jury trials in Delinquency Court and the proceedings are confidential.

Once your child turns 18, it is recommended that they petition to seal the records.  This will not make them confidential for police officers or District Attorneys but can help when applying for jobs and voting.

Client Review